Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Keilani is 7 months (and a week) old


Keilani turned 7 months a week ago, so this post is a little late. I can't believe my baby is already 7 months old. Her personality is really coming out now and I love it. She's already a little character and very energetic, which sometimes makes nap time interesting. Sometimes I'll put her down for a nap and she'll play around/"talk" for a good 30-40 minutes before she finally zonks out. Her crawling skills are getting more efficient and make my job a lot harder. If she sees any kind of cord she tries to get over to it before I notice. She has always been one to put anything she finds directly into her mouth. Now that she is so mobile I have to make sure I vacuum more frequently. Last weekend Mindi came down and we were talking when we noticed Keilani booking it toward the chair in the living room. She went right behind it, so I looked to see what was there. I didn't see anything, but I saw Keilani chewing on something. I did a little sweep of her mouth and found a MOTH! It was so gross, but she looked at me like, "what mom?" She loves eating her solid food and especially loves to feed herself cheerios and peas. She also loves to look in the mirror. One of her toys is a little pyramid that has a mirror on it. One morning I was watching her play and she was playing pick a boo with herself. She would look in the mirror then move to the side and then look in the mirror again and squeal with excitement. It was so cute! I love this girl so much and love watching her grow.

Here are some more pictures we took of her on Sunday in her cute outfit that my mom gave her.

3 comments:

The Rivas Family said...

I love that little girl! And I have to say the moth thing made my day! I just loved how she was laughing as you were cleaning out her mouth and telling her how disgusting it was!
I also love that dress......maybe I could dress up one of my boys in that!
We miss you!

Marie Lefler said...

She is getting so big! I want to see her in person and squeeze her adorable little cheeks. Hope all is well!

Josh and Juli said...

That moth story is hilarious! (And gross.) I know how you feel, though - it's like they spot the one thing on the floor from a mile away and put it right in their mouths! She is getting so big and is so beautiful!!!