Monday, December 8, 2008

An Early Christmas Present


TG and I got a early Christmas present, Keilani. Keilani Wesley was born on Sunday, December 7 at 9:43 pm. She weighs 7 lbs and 4 oz and is 18.5 inches long. It all started on Friday night. TG and I had just gotten home from watching Provo beat Lone Peak in basketball. I started to have severe cramping in my back that would come and go. I thought it was just back pain, so I went to bed. Well I didn't sleep at all that night because the cramping was really uncomfortable. I didn't really think the back pain were contractions because I only felt it in my back. Finally at about 10 in the morning I decided to call my sister Mindi to see what she thought. She told me it sounded like back labor and to start timing the contractions. So I started to time them and they first started out being 8 minutes apart and then they were 5 minutes apart and only getting stronger. TG and I decided to go to the hospital to get it checked out. They checked me and I was a 1+ dilated and 90 % effaced. They watched me for an hour and checked me. I hadn't made any progress, so they sent me home. That night TG's brother Tai, who plays for Utah State's basketball team, was playing against BYU at The Energy Solutions Arena. TG insisted that he stay with me, but I knew this was a game he had been looking forward to for months, so I told him to go. Daren and Mandy got me from the hospital and stayed with me at my house until TG got home from the game. They also brought me an awesome heating pad for my back pain. I honestly have the best family in the world. When TG got home, the back labor was only insensifying, so we decided to go in again to check it out. Again, I had made no progress, so they sent me home. Luckily I was able to sleep a couple hours that night because they had given me a shot to take away some of the pain. When I woke up, the contractions were very strong and 4 minutes apart. I decided to wait a little bit longer to go in because I didn't want to get sent home. Finally at 8:30 am we decided to go to the hospital. Before we went, TG made me walk up and down the stairs about 10 times in hopes it would dilate me a little more. We got to the hospital and I was dilated to a 4 and 100% effaced, so they admitted me. Once I was admitted they immediatley gave me an epidural which was a little piece of heaven. My entire family (except Mindi, Ernie, and Aiden) came to hang out with me during my labor. It took a while for me to finally dilate to a 10, so it was nice to have company. Finally at 7:00 pm I was ready to push and at 9:43 pm our beautiful little Keilani was born. I'm so thankful that I had such great nurses, doctor, and a wonderful family who made the labor process such a positive and incredible experience. Keilani is so precious and I can't believe how much love I have for her already. TG and I truly feel so blessed to have this little girl come into our lives.



She already has TG wrapped around her little finger.

The nurses put her in a stocking after they bathed her.

23 comments:

Marie Lefler said...

Did you have your baby girl???? If so, Congrats!

Rebecca said...

What a sweetheart, she is beautiful! Congratulations! I am happy for your "early Christmas present!"

Nic & Trudi said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys and so excited!! What a little cutie!

Karenin Jaar Robison said...

Congratulations... She is adorable.

JWolfgramm said...

YAY!! She's here! Congrats Steph! She is sooo beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys!! I'm glad everything went well. Doesn't it feel good not to be pregnant anymore?!? haha. Can't wait for more pics.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I'm glad you guys posted some pics! She is so adorable and even cuter in person. I can't wait to have her one door down from me :)

Katie Shaw Merritt said...

Congrats you two! I was so shocked to get the pic and thought she can't be here yet! I bet your are so glad to have her here and it does look like she's already got TG wrapped around her finger! Did you get to Baby's R Us on Fri to get the stuff you needed? Yeah! I can't wait to see her. She looks adorable!!! Hope you get some zzzz's somewhere! :)

Annilee said...

Congrats Steph and TG, speaking from experience, a new baby is the best Christmas present you will ever get. I hope that you can still make it to the council thing, I would love to see you and your baby! Good luck on the whole sleeping thing!

Josh and Juli said...

Congrats, Steph! She is so beautiful! I can't believe she came so early. Hopefully you have everything you need at the moment. New babies are so much fun - I'm so happy for you!

Utley Family said...

Oh my goodness! She is so adorable! I am so excited for you and TG and I'm glad everything went ok. I can't wait to meet her in person!

Melissa said...

congratulations!!! Your little baby is darling, I'm so happy for you guys!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

She is beautiful !! I love the far away picture of her and TG - she looks so little!! Hope you recover well Steph!

Tove said...

What a Christmas Present for all of us!! Little Keilani is already loved and adored by many, and she is beautiful.
Congratulations to Steph and TG, to Boyd and Linda for their 3rd grandchild, all born in 2008.
Keilani is our 7th great grandchild
How very blessed we are, we have all the reasons in the world to celebrate a Merry Christmas.

Julia M. said...

Congrats Steph! When Laura told me you had her, I thought of how Alisa said you didn't have your sub plans ready! :) I guess babies will come when they want to. I can't wait to meet her. She's amazing. Wow.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I am getting teary eyed just reading this. It is so special everytime someone has a new baby. I can't wait to see her in person. Carli keeps telling me how cute she is. Congrats to you and TG. We are so happy for you.

Stephanie and Jason said...

She is so cute! I can't believe that she is so big for as early as she was. We can't wait to meet her. I hope that you both enjoy being parents as much as Tyson and I do. Remember to sleep when you can! :)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely perfect. Beautiful!

The Rivas Family said...

I wrote you a long old comment but it is not in here....so you get this short one. I am proud of you! Congratulations, I can't wait to see her (don't let her grow too big till I get out there!). Tell TG he needs to stop watching her sleep or he will not make it!
I love you all!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh I am sooo happy for you guys!!! She is absolutely perfect! I'm glad everything went well and yay for epidurals! (I'm totally getting one this time around! I can't wait!) Well, congratulations! You guys are going to be such awesome parents, she's a very lucky little girl! Love you!

britta said...

Congratulations!!! She is Beautiful. Our daughter was born in December and her arrival made our Christmas so meaningful. Enjoy the holidays with your new little one!

Mandy said...

She it perfect!! I'm so glad she came early so we can enjoy her during Christmas. I'm so happy for you guys.

Marie Lefler said...

Sorry about my first comment. When I saw your blog it just had the title of the post, so I thought it was a little teaser. I guess my computer didn't open it all.

Congrats and she is so beautiful!

Nagels said...

She is beautiful. I still want to come visit but only if you are up for visitors. So cute and tiny. We are so happy for you guys.